Sunday, August 24, 2014

Going Big!


(Prepping for the week ahead)



.... and we begin.


Well... we seriously went from "not a lot going on" to "geebus when can I sit down" in the blink of an eye!

Adding homeschooling to the mix was the real zinger.

It's all good.  I truly believe that going big is needed at certain times in your life.  It's a great way to be a role model for your kids... and test your abilities.  It's the fear of failure that gets most people.  I'm not afraid of failing... I've done it enough to know it's not that scary.

BUT I AM A PLANNER.

Currently I have a work planner, school planner, BLOG planner (that's lacking any attention), menu planner and then I write notes to remember in the day.  And sometimes I even remember to look at them and do the stuff I wrote down.  :)

ready and waiting!



The trick with me and planning though is to keep it simple usually.  Start out small and work your way up to big.

Which is what I've been trying to do since... I don't know... June?

Especially with LB, and the big changes we've been going through.

But today he pretty much advocated for himself he was ready to do more.  Beside his desk I have his Daily School Planner... I've just been putting one or two things on.  Just to test the waters of what we can accomplish in a day.  Today I put those TWO things up (worksheet and computer learning), and left a big space in between.  I told him to pick one card of whatever he wanted to to put in between the two work cards.  He proceeded to fill up the entire board.



Way cool, Junior!



SO, YEAH.  If he can do it, so can I.  Once again, being LB's mom is inspiring!

Coming up this week on the blog will be the weekly menu, update on a free spirited lesson plan AND a how to video on crochet to go along with the class I'm doing this week.  Please comment any ideas or feedback you can, you're more than welcome!

It's gonna be fun.  :)










No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila